TURKISH GYPSY MUSIC WORKSHOP WITH GALATA EXPRESS
4-week workshops with three members of Galata Express!
Discover how to use your string instruments to play a few gypsy melodies. Or explore the percussive rhythms that’ll get everyone up and dancing. Maybe you want to add a little Balkan contemporary flair to your trumpet repertoire. Whatever strikes a chord, let a member of Galata Express show you a few of their secrets.
Each workshop package runs for 4 weeks, and each session is 90 minutes. Each workshop package is specific to one teacher and one style of instrument. Take your pick of string instruments with Tamer, darbuka and frame drum with Volga or trumpet with Stefan. The classes are limited to 4 students, and you’ll receive a detailed schedule of what each workshop will cover. The best bit? Once you finish, each student will have the opportunity to hop up on stage with Galata Express band to perform 2 songs at their gig at Farouk’s Olive!
There’s limited spaces for each workshop, so make sure you sign up to save your spot. A 30% deposit is required to secure your place, with the remaining 70% at the first lesson.
Send send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our upcoming workshop!